Friday, July 30, 2004

Of grates and ingrates
 
It seems years ago that I have blogged.  Nothing really spectucular or bitchy to say, maybe I am just too desensitised to do anything.  Still trying to get my school life back after the so-many disruptions and distractions in class, the National Track and Field Competitions, the Honours Day Celebrations etc etc
 
I noticed that I will always be "down" (pessimistic, grouchy, moody and most importantly mismatching) during this part of a year.  My mood seems to be going on a roller coaster, on its way down.  August and September are bad times for me.  Maybe just like girls with PMS, I have mine too although it comes in a yearly form and last for a couple of months.  Innocent girls had faced my wrath this week and I can assure you that it is just an indication of my patience waning off.  If I have been telling you people things that are mean or that I have raised my voice and gesticulated in a barbaric fashion, I guess it is just my suppressed unhappiness at play.  But then again, I have been just too nice at times almost to the point of indulgence and some of you are apparently taking advantage. 
 
"Gratitude" is a word that I advocated and live by, and I want my girls to know that.  Which means that uncalled for treatment to teachers especially from my form class gave me a sense of deja vu.  It was just like 4/3 2004 over again.  The class was a nice class but sometimes like an over protective father, I tend to overlook some of the flaws.  But the other teachers disliked the class for their attitude and cockiness.  "INGRATES" a words ingrained with the class as they leave.  Somthing I feel responsible for, something I felt so inadequate to resolve.  But starting with 3/4 I am absolutely sure this is not the path I want the 3/4 girls to go.  And I want "gratitude" to be the mantra of this class.  Not that I am enforcing or forcing it on them, butiIf they can't even learnt that, I think I have failed as a teacher.  And looking at some of the comments on the tagboard of the class blog, maybe I have failed in changing the mindset of some of them.
 

 

No comments: