Friday, July 16, 2004

Deadlines and Punchlines
 
I got to finish the book by Dan Brown "the Da Vinci Code" by this weekend.  It is not that the book is not interesting enough, but I am just too tired at times to finish reading it.  As for my peculiar reading habits, I have books almost every possible area, the coofee table at home, by the bed, beside the computer table, in my bag, in my other bag and yes in the toilet ( which account for the "savoury" feel of the book at times"  Currently I am reading the following books in different places and different times: John C Maxwell "Developing the Leader within You", Dan Brown " The Da Vinci Code" and John Grisham "The King of Torts".  A friend once commented on the way I multitask, and how I would not be able to capture the mood of the story if I stopped at times, and worse, readintg 2 or 3 books at the same time.  Well i always beleiev that if I can have the opportunity to read all the same time, all the better, and of course this is a reading habit that I can't change.
 
Talking about reading habits, I must really start watching those DVDs I have bought over the past few weeks. "Bruce Almighty", "Charlie Angels 2", "Stalingrad", "Enemy at the Gates", "Minority Report", "Ong Bak" etc etc.  I have this compulsion to buy stuff when I see something that I like, even though I may not have the time for it.  I really have to learn to control my spending if I want to get my car.  Priorities Priorities and Priorities.
 
 

No comments: