Tuesday, June 22, 2004

The Damn Driving Test

Words can't really express how I felt. I would remember this day, 22nd of June 2004. Full of even numbers. For those who is really interested to know what happen in history today, you can check out this website. which will give you an update on what actually happen a couple of years, a couple of centuries or even a couple of decades back.

I find it ominious to check these stuff before I take a test. In this day, at Chicago's Comiskey Park, Joe Louis wins the world heavyweight boxing title when he defeats American Jim Braddock in an eighth-round knockout. Louis was the first African American heavyweight champ since Jack Johnson.
And for the history girls, do you know that in 1941 this day Germany launches Operation Barbarossa--the invasion of Russia. On this day in 1941, over 3 million German troops invade Russia in three parallel offensives, in what is the most powerful invasion force in history. Nineteen panzer divisions, 3,000 tanks, 2,500 aircraft, and 7,000 artillery pieces pour across a thousand-mile front as Hitler goes to war on a second front.
With these historical victories in mind, I booked today's test. And I declare that today is the day......

I PASSED THE DAMN DRIVING TEST!

Actually I was kinda of lucky, managed to clear it by the skin of my teeth and also that of the tester's when I did a la-schumacher along certain turns which have him hanging to his dear seat. He gave such a solemn look hat I really must practise it to scare the IJ girls when I returned from the semestral break. He look at the score sheet and tend clear his throat as if there were thousands of ants crawling in his throat. With his red pen (yes it was red) he made some crosses on the sheet and look at me again. I could feel my heart sinking, it would have dropped to the ground into a million pieces if not for my underwear supporting it. We have an interesting exchange (not phone numbers )

He: Is this your first test?
Me: No...
He: Then should have drive better what? You didn't practise enough is it?
Me: No...
He: Panic is it?
Me (trying very hard to be confident) No..
He: So should I fail you? Hm...
Me: No...
He: You almost fail do you know?
Me: No....
He: Anyway just correct some of those minor mistakes, you should be ok. Any questions?
Me: No...



Me: YES!!!!

I guess the whole of the SSDC can hear me!

Great! Now i can start relying on the website to tell me when it will be a good time to do this or that and maybe when to have a kid. And just don't try to choose the following dates: April 28, April 20, December 21. Let see if any discerning students can find out whose birthday is it? As for a good day, 1st of October , according to academics, soothsayers and fortune tellers, this is the best, kids born on this date, would be smart, intelligent, good looking and of course with a wicked sense of humor. Guess who then?

As the smart, intelligent, good looking and of course wickedly humorous sign off his two cents worth. If you still don't get it, you need to stay away from one girl in 3/4 2004.

No comments: