Friday, June 17, 2005

Irrelevant Mutterings

I haven't blogged for weeks, but guesses I should write something before I fly off to Hong Kong in 2 days time.

I am having writer block, you know those stuff when your head is filled with stuff and it just can't translate to words which I can so expressed what I feel about things around me. perhaps I am just too busy, or just too lazy or maybe a combination of both. I have a couple of post still in draft forms but I just can seem to deliver it through.. Maybe I will get some inspiration from my trip to Hong Kong.

Realising that this 2 weeks I am been rather involved in pupil related stuff... anyway that what you would expect from a teacher. Sometimes I realise admire other teachers who can simply multitask and then still have these close relationships with students. I am kinda of an extreme, I can be close if I want to but I can be really cold at times, temperamental? Yes, PMSing? Maybe. But I guess this is kinda of like when you try to divided your attention all over the place, you tend to get nothing...

I was involved in Track and Field Camp and of course the RMUN conference and of course popping by for my form class BBQ. It has been a tiring week for me and I have not really get down to writing my Masters assignment. I am really in deep trouble, but I think it is just that there are so much thing to do and so much things to distract me away from doing it.. Long overdue DVD movies, TV programmes, Confederations Cup on cable and of course the internet. Which kinda leave me little time to blog..

Anyway, I was actually thinking of getting a tattoo done. My subconscious has been telling me that it is so cool but my rationality told me that I would be a laughing stock in the teaching community if I get one - What have become of teachers nowadays. Anyway I decided to do some research by popping by some shops in Heeren and Far East Plaza . After a while of window tattoo shopping, I was still in two minds whether to get it done at one of the shops. the tattooist( yes it got pass the stage of window shopping) pointed to a newspaper clipping on the wall of the tattoo shop saying 7 out of 10 Singaporean are tattooed. Cool . If we still have the notion of my mum’s generation, it will very well mean 7 out of 10 Singaporean are gangsters. But we know that’s not true right? For god sake I know a girl who tattooed the Astro Boy on her back, and of course a girl who tattoo a rose at where the sun don't shine. Heck i have seen girls who in a sudden enthusiasm to embrace their mother tongue tattoo their chinese names on the ankles and lower back. now how gangster can that be ? If she’s really a gangster , then she must be those act-cute gangster loh. I am still quite averse to the idea of tattooing something where it is really visible like the ankles or arms. I was actually quite attracted to the idea of tattooing something on my back, you know a dragon or something? Or soemthing to proclaim your love to someone - like my wife name... Hm worth a thought.

Anyway I walked out of the shop without doing anything, I watch a movie instead. Tattoo? Hm... maybe next time then...

1 comment:

cyn0sure said...

go to johnny two thumbs or exotique. slightly pricier, but their reliable. for cheap and good go to Alive! at ming arcade.