Thursday, April 15, 2004

The Return of the Jedi


Today is quite a sickening day for me.

Woke up like a man who went for a swim, my head was pounding to the beat of Kylie Minogue "Can't get you outta my head", with beads of perspiration all over myself. I swear that it look as though I have gone for a swim. What could be a worse nightmare when the whole entire 3/4 class carried their Add Maths textbooks and charging towards you and asked: " Mr NG , why the questions like that huh?" "I don't understand" argh...

Yesterday was supposed to be a rest day for me. After I have taken the medication, I should have join Alice in search of the wonderland. But guilt started to creep in and I started to get my lazy bum in front of the computer and start drafting the exam paper for my priveleged 40 plus girls. And that took up the whole of my afternoon and evening and by the time i shut down the computer it was already 9.54 pm and 44 secs. Talk about efficiency!

Early this morning, Mrs Lena Siau came to me and reported my class behaviour yesterday to me. To be frank, I felt upset. It was like somebody else criticising your kids; it clearly show your inability to handle your kids. This was one point that made me angry. Upon tallking to two girls during recess, I somehow get a better picture. Guess I have to really talk to the girls tomorrow.

The Sri Lanka trip is comng on fine.. guess there will be a trip after all. The response from the girls had so far been promising. Let just keep our fingers crossed to hit the 36 girls target.

Had some fun reading some of the blogs though, it seem like most of my girls are enjoying themselves with the IFD deco. Sigh, thought that they will at least "miss" me. :P Walk up to class just now, to look at the decorations. Bernadette was reminding me to go up and have a look early in the morning, but I was still in a dazed manner. Sitting in the classroom, I started to enjoy the serenity. I could just visualise every single girl in their respective seats, just looking at the whiteboard. Upon doing so, I started to recall my girls from 4/3 2003. Call me a sentimental person, but it was not easy to forget these girls. I guess as they leave IJ, a part of me also left with them too.

With that I remember a song from a favourite group of mine... seems to suit my feelings at this present time.

Another day is ended
And i still can't sleep
Remembering my yesterdays
I begin to weep
If i could have it over
Live my life again
I wouldn't change a single day

(chorus)
I wish that i could turn back the clock
Bring the wheels of time to stop
Back to the days when life was so much better

Lying here in silence
Picture in my hand
Of a boy i still resemble
But i no longer understand
And as the tears run freely
How i realise they were the best years of my life

(chorus)

You might say it's just a case of giving up
No
But without these memories where is the love
Where is the love

If i could have it over
Live my life again
I wouldn't change a single day

(chorus)

Why can't i turn back the clock
Bring the wheels of time to a stop
Back to the days
Oh no no
I remember when
Life was so good
I'd go back id i could
Oh oh i wouldn't change a single day
Don't let the memories slip away
I wouldn't change a single day
Don't let the memories slip away


But what do I know... just my 2 cents worth...

No comments: