Wednesday, July 12, 2006

The One @ Choa Chu Kang Stadium

A new appointment was entrusted to me. with my previous experience as a track and field teacher, I was asked by the school to look after the ad-hoc group of athletes tand prepare them for the National School Track and Field Competition. Seconded to the Basketball CCA, I was given the sacred appointment of "Special Projects" In Fact the acronym "SP" got many colleagues curious and they were asking about it. I told them it means "Secret Projects" and if I divulge the details, I would have to kill them :P...

Rushing down immediately after lessons, I was overwhelmed by the familiar sight and the used-to-be-routine-yearly responsibilities of bring the girls to the stadium for competition. As I parked my car, I was welcomed by the enthusiastic Track-and-field girls from my previous school who were eagerly trying to fill me in with the latest happenings in school and their performances so far. As I make my way to the grandstand seats, the familiar sight of students in their ever familiar school track attire, doing their warm-ups, striding, the cheering and the bangs of the starter gun brought back some much memories.

Ex students in their JC sport attire came over and say hi. Many were asking for my reasons for leaving the school which they thought I would never leave. I replied with a weak smile and a brave front before digressing to their schoolwork and other mundane stuff. it was nice to be back but then again i thought it was great to be able to feel that i have moved on..(or have I?)

A colleague once asked me whether I regretted leaving my ex-school and all i could say was I believed that I left for a better place for a better me. Maybe it would be and maybe it should be this way. The school had moved on and so should I. But it is always the niggling thought that preoccupied me.

Sorry if I sound rhetorical at times. It is just the bustle of stuff which made me reflect on things.

No comments: