Sunday, December 25, 2005

The One with the all the unpacking

I have to admit that I had not unpacked in my new school. 5 boxes of stuff still at my little cubicle collecting dust since my trip to Gentings.

The trip to Sembawang seems like a long one albeit a 20 minute drive, but the thought of sitting there, doing my lonesome unpacking without my familiar colleagues is kinda of unsettling

A student whom I still maintain sms contact remarked "it is always like this, I put in so much in a friendship and it always happen like this ( separation)" While I tried my best to console this student, deep inside I am have the same amount of trepidation and uneasiness (seems like a wierd combination though) It will be in just a week time where I will be seeing students other than the familiar blue pinafores which had greeted me for the past 5 years. I will also not be seeing the all familiar faces in the staffroom with their "how was your holidays?" as such small talk with candour, I will also not be patronising the all so familiar toa payoh food stalls or even the famous char kway teow just outside school during weekday lunch which had so become part of my routine for the past 3 years. No more morning hymms, daily praise to the Lord and of course the awkward silence when the national anthem is being played.

Next week would be a busy one, from 27 -30 Dec, it is jam packed ith school activities, with a good fren's wedding smack inbetween. And I will finally find the time to finally unpack and to settle down in the school. It will be a different experience, something which I am trying my best to cope. Drop me a line ok? Or a friendly sms. For it is now, especially so near end of the holiday season when I sometime feel lonely.

Your 2005 Song Is
Since You've Been Gone by Kelly Clarkson
"But since you've been gone
I can breathe for the first time
I'm so moving on"

In 2005, you moved on.



Poignant?

No comments: