Tuesday, March 21, 2006

The One about the average day in school

when i finally plonked at my little prison ie work cubicle :p, it was almost 2pm in the afternoon. a couple of fast emails and a hurried lunch i was in the company of my colleagues for a meeting which finally ends at 5pm. Before i can catch my breath and start doing the pile of things on my table, i am rushing the deadline of trying to leave the school before the school lock up. Yes this is the average day in school.

Sometimes in the midst of getting busy, I started to appreciate the Hooke' law of human stress and endurance. As the law state, everyone has a breaking point which will lead to the so-called elastic limit. Anything beyond that is the plastic limit and thing can never be the same again. Not to stress all of you up with all these laws, but what is interesting is that I dont know whether I have reach mine already. Sometimes when I start to sprout nonsense, this might be a thing about people becoming xiao..

being in a new environment is an interesting experience as it gave me the opportunity to put on a different persona. In IJ I was this "ki xiao" (crazy) teacher who never failed to give a lame sarcastic remark at any girl who cross my path. It is also this that make it so easy for the girls to treat me sometimes with little respect, or not that respectful as a teacher and more like a friend. It is also difficult to establish that authority figure stuff especially when I am so pally with the students.

However things are different in this new school, as a relative new comer, a relative unknown, I can choose to be a bit different... u know like those brooding characters in those movies, where the smoke machine seems to work overtime and the whole world seems to move slow-mo around you. I remember 2 weeks ago I was giving a briefing for a trail to the whole entire sec 2 cohort and 1 peiercing look was all it need sto have the hall in perfect pitch silence. Yah 360 students in the hall and all i could hear was the sound of the overworked fans in the hall. In IJ i am sure there will be roaring laughter, as I could never pull it off. Anyway a colleague was so impressed with that, he came over and say, "woah, you sound like an OC giving a mission briefing"

How long I can keep up with this....



Before I degenerate into this:

Only time will tell.....

No comments: