Thursday, January 19, 2006

The thing about what happen in class today...

A causal comment when I was teaching the chapter on Russia brought me to this man "Rasputin". For the histo-phobe, Rasputin is a colourful character in History, a known womaniser and drinker. Anyway the discussion inadvertently veered to the concept that girls usually like "bad boys" 男人不坏,女人不爱. The example inadvertently veered towards the fact that female girls always have a crush on guys who are a bit on the "naughty" side... a bit of the leather jacket, a tattoo here and there, some bulging muscles, a harley davidson and of course with a "could care less" attitude to match. I brought out the example that this account for the reason why school girls have crushes on PE teachers, partly for the bulging muscles and the athletic body. No students would have a crush on a History teacher who come to school all covered up ( long sleeves, long pants and stuff).

But I reassured them maybe behind this cover, I could be hidding a 6 pack abs. And I received hysterical laughter.

Guess Yishun Town kids and IJ girls do have something in common..... :(

No comments: