Wednesday, January 11, 2006

The one with the little time to spare

The thing about being a teacher in this school now is that i am hidden at the very corner in the staffroom.

My life had been generally undisturbed, which I tried to occupy myself with things to do, from marking to preparing lessons to basically daydreaming.

I find myself more and more an office rat, not helped by the fact that the cubicle looks like a small enclosure for the "visit-the-zoo-animal" But then again, it do have some benefits as I like to just do things at times alone.

Lunch so far had been a small key if not no affair. Gone were the day when I can saunter to the canteen or even go out of school to "ta pau" stuff back. It just feel too tedious to even make the trip out. In fact time really flies and before you knew it, it is around 5 plus in the evening when we pack and wait for the next schooling day in great anticipation.

My first pile of marking has come in and the signs are not good. I guess this is what they mean by a "C"ulture shock. But again I have no complaint. My challenge now is how to help and motivate these kids.

Ominous dark rings are all over my eyes.... I need to start sleeping well and early, and that means at humane hours like 11pm or 12am

Just want to end today post with something that I remembered about IJ :)

Thank you, Lord,
for the trials that come my way.
In that way I can grow each day
as I let you lead,
And thank you, Lord,
for the patience those trials bring.
In that process of growing,
I can learn to care.
But it goes against the way I am
to put my human nature down
and let the Spirit take control of all I do.
'Cause when those trials come,
my human nature shouts the thing to do;
and God's soft prompting can be easily ignored.
I thank you, Lord,
with each trial I feel inside,
that you're there to help,
lead and guide me away from wrong.
'Cause you promised, Lord,
that with every testing,
that your way of escaping is easier to bear.
But it goes against the way
I am to put my human nature down
and let the Spirit take control of all I do.
'Cause when those trials come,
my human nature shouts the thing to do;
and God's soft prompting can be easily ignored.
I thank you, Lord,for the victory that growing brings.
In surrender of everything
life is so worth while.
And I thank you, Lord,
that when everything's put in place,
out in front I can see your face,
and it's there you belong.

No comments: