Wednesday, May 10, 2006

The One about Random Thoughts and Comments

Thought #1
The school turned "grave-yardish" even before 5.00 pm these couple of days. For the discerning, this is the period of the mid year exams. As a KAH who hadjust joined the school a couple of months ago, the school was buzzing with activities and the staff room would usually be bustling after 6.00pm. Maybe it is due to the mid year exams - the kids are mugging, parent-teachers or teacher-parents are rushing home to supervise their kids.

Enjoy the bliss of peace, said one colleague. For when the marking come, the tight schedule will suffocate you. For me, it is not too much of a difference. I will be marking throughout the long weekend.

Comment #2
A student asked during my revision with them for the History Sec 2 Mid year.
"cher, during the second world war, India under where?"
I have to stop and control from bursting out in laughter. The class was not so tolerant; they burst out laughing non stop and it took me a whole 5 minutes to settle them down again.

Comment #3
A colleague proffered his nugget of wisdom on dealing with wayward kids. You either give them T-L-C (Tender Loving Care) or R-L-C ( Right Left and Centre)

Comment #4
"class, do you know what is a metro-sexual?"
"Cher, i know i know, it is ah-kwa!"

Thought #5
A colleague never failed to giggle when she see me. Out of curiosity I ask her why. The answer was not really flattering. "Oh because you very funny, like the 周星驰! (Stephen Chow)" I guess I am in the wrong profession, should have join the loser show on Channel 8 "永不言败 "

Thought #6
A student raised his hand to get my attention. As I was standing by his side, he asked "cher, must I use what I have learnt to answer the question?" I replied "if not, what are you planning to use?"

After apparently an hour, the one student raised his hand, frantically to get my attention. he pointed to one of the question and asked, "cher i don't agree to this question, can I answer my own question?"

Pretty amazing the type of questions they ask...

The kids, the teachers here sometimes do bring smiles to me and my stressful life :P

No comments: