Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Utter Nonsense

Woke up utterly refreshed but guilty.
Had a good 7 hour nap and then a 7 hour sleep in the evening, interrupted by my stomach rumblings for food. Made myself a sandwich and proceed to read the book left on my table - John Grisham's The Last Juror. No matter what people aid about this author, I am a sucker for his books, and I am not embarrassed by the fact that I had all of his books arrangement nicely in the already cramped book shelf of mine. had a friendly discussion last friday about books and realsied Shanthi was not a fan of his. As Shanthi said quoted and unquoted "sorry for being a sexist, but when it come to fiction stuff, I only read female writers" Well that was a prod on the male ego.

For a while I was always wondering why students came, walking past me giving me the silly grins, I thought that it was
a) my zip was undone
b) I got bread crumbs on my face
c) I wore my underwear superman style in my half awake mode
d) My hair was a la"there is something about Mary"
e) all of the above

It was then a girl came to me and said "Mr Ng I read your blog, you are very funny, it was nice to see things from a teacher's perspective" Ha so that's why? I got blog fans, Not that my inflated ego need something, but it is always good to be able to be appreciated for the hours you put in for writing the blogs. People do ask me to update my blog often but due to time constraint and of course some unforeseen circumstances, it was pretty difficult to be in front of the computer everyday without fail ( and yes, sometimes I do prefer surfing the net, rather than updating my blog, it is like doing homework for me). Anyway Somethimes it is goingt o be difficult for me to write down how I really feel now that I got underaged blog fan is that I do get upset and frustrated about things around and then I can't laced my sentences with expletives too intense for the underaged eyes. and mine you, students nowadays are really smart, really to use any forms of incriminating evidence to get you into trouble. Not thaI don;t trust IJ girls I just don't trust ALL of them :P

On the point of accusations, I was with my wife at the Kampong Java Police station making a police report about a couple of days back. As for the kaypoh who are more interested in why I was making a police report I only had one word for you and that is "k-----" anyway the police inspector was in awe ( if there is no better word) when I mentioned that I am a teacher. It seems that her daughter was a beneficiary of good teaching and did well for the O levels and he was grateful of teachers, including me :P And when I mentioned that I was a teacher from a girl school, his expression changed to that of a "typical police inspector holding a cane " telling me to be careful when i deal with my students. It seems that there were 2 cases of molest which had something to do with teachers. I was of course not surpised to hear that as it is always difficult for guys to keep their hands off girls :P but then again this cases, it seem that the girls had an issue to pick with the teachers and there seems to be no proof in it. And one of the teachers been accused was in a bad fix, he is now pending investigations and most probably he will lose his job; he has a family to feed, just got a new condo and a new car and there goes his bright future. In fact my fellwo colleagues had warned me and another male teacher in the school that we are getting a bit too close to the girls. Certain physical and emotional distace had to be kept. Well I kinda of agree, it can get very stressful if you had a pending court case and the thought of losing everything that you got looming over your head.

Tag replies
jace: noooo how can you bear to leave ij?
lings/geri: WHAT? HOW CAN U LEAVE IJ U NEH NEH! AFTER ALL THAT WE'VE DONE U'RE LEAVING!? WHAT AGE ALREADY STILL WANT TO STUDY. HAHA.
A week ago, a class asked me whether I am leaving IJ next year, well just for the record, if I get my scholarship in september, yes I will be leaving. And am I coming back if I leave, the answer is no, I don't think I will be coming back, not because I don't like the school but I will be bonded to the ministry for 4 years and will be serving my due at the MOE HQ. Anyway, I will not be in another school too.

The computer refused to spew out whatever I had save in my documents folder which mean I pretty much lost what I have been doing for the past 2 years. Is it scary that my only recollections of stuff is only in that stupid folder and now that it is gone, I really don't know what to do with it. Talking about memory, I had a dream about my late grandmom yesterday night, The thing is I had not been dreaming about them since they passed away. That's weird. Got to find an answer for this strange phenomenon.

No comments: