Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Teachers' DAY

Watch "Bourne Supremacy" today, on a lazy wednesday afternoon where tickets are $6.50 a piece. It is a cool show, with all the car fight and of course Matt Damon. I am not a huge fan of him, even though I enjoyed his acting in "Good Will Hunting". One thing that he was shrewd enough was to get himself in good acting roles where he was actually convincing. No offence to his good friend a particular Ben, who acted in some disaster movies ( read: bombed the Box office) and also snogged JLo with little success. Catch up with some quality time with my wife, just talking wandering along the streets of Orchard. Saw Sonia with her mom.. Think so. What a small world.

Listening to Ocean, the faceless singer blessed with terrific vocals. Quite a cool marketing strategy. Can't wait to see how he look like, CMI?

Thanks for the wonderful presents, well wishes via email, sms, and of course snail mail (how in the hell did you people get my mailing address...). Anyway for the benefit of those who do not have access to the class blog and for those who are non - 34ians, a special tribute to the wonderful refractory form class I had

Thanks for everything that you have done for the teachers including me for Teachers' Day celebration yesterday. I believe all the teachers appreciated it. As you people can see, we don't have an "issue" with all of you as what some of you think. Our job is just to help you people unleash your potential.

And thanks again
1) for the nice impromptu Happy Teachers' Day song. I felt that I was celebrating my birthday in Kindergarten... :P BTW my birthday is around the corner... hint hint...

2)the celebration in class and the lovely show of gratitude and appreciation to the teachers. Reason I rushed out, because my eyes were welling up...

3)for the Hugo Boss... CPIB will be checking on me soon... seem like my class had a penchant of buying expensive gifts for me

4)for the thoughtful gift of the eau de toilette....last year I got Hugo boss motion, this time it is hugo boss the original. Hm... Seems like you people know who is the boss huh?? This is also the second time I have gotten this gift of eau de toilette. As much as I tried, I had to believe that I am either i) too smelly (ie too much BO) ii) don't smell nice enough or iii) both i) and ii)

5)for being just what you are... Do you know that when I was talking to your seniors, my sec 4 form class, they were so impressed with the discipline and your teamwork and especially how different you people are from them? You people were great!

Personal Thanks go to:
1) Nicole DS - as a class chair, you are literally being pushed around and sat on ( hm...) by the class. But I am impressed with your workrate and how you rallied the class. You may be soft and sweet but you are strong in your own way. ( Maybe the name Nicole DS stands for Nicole De Sweet, Nicole De Soft or Nicole De Strong)

2) The class committee - for supporting Nicole and helping her with all the nitty gritty stuff in the class. Thanks Claire, Dalvin, Pearl, Ele and Teng Meng.

3) Pamela, Lynette - for always being the "nice" girls to be make the centre of jokes and provide laughter for the class. Maybe the only difference is that one knew that she was being made fun of and the other don't. :P And i have decided to add in one name Kelynn.. how can I forgot the girl who look perpetually like she had just got out of bed... "Sleepy" look are in vogue huh??

4) for the girls who are trying... continue and perservere and results will show... don't give up...

5) for all 3/4 - for being such a unique and refractory class!

A parent during the Teachers' Day dinner sitting beside me... (ehem...) made the remark that I will be a good father... Hm... I almost fall off the chair and not before I choke on my watercress soup. I see myself an indulgent father or should I say over-indulgent father... I don't think i will be a good father. And I can never see myself get out of the fear of raising a kid. Always the good and nice uncle, never the father... I cringed every time I hear a kid cry and swear in silence in every language I know when the baby strooler strike my feet in a congested MRT train. I looked in disgust when I see kids becoming Spidermen or tarzans/janes, swinging from one end to another; I lamented at the degeneration of the childrens' bodies as the feet are not made for skating... Let the baby bonus stayed in the government coffers for a while......


No comments: